Goodbye Summer! Happy Fall ya’ll! In the spirit of football season, tasty soups, and all things pumpkin – we thought we would get you inspired for Fall! Keep scrolling for fall recipes sure to make your mouth water, fall crafts to help you feel festive, and a list of some awesome local hiking locations that are a must see in Autumn!
Now that the heat is letting up, who’s ready to finally turn their ovens back on? If you’ve been longing for savory soups, creamy casseroles, or crunchy homemade bread; you are not alone! Put your swim suits away and feel free to indulge just a little more in those warm comfort foods that make fall so delicious! Here are a few fall inspired recipes to try out on your taste buds!
Best Local Nature Hikes
One of the things Fall is most known for is its beauty! Frigid temps will be upon us soon, so get outside now and enjoy the crisp air and the colorful leaves. Here are some local hiking spots that will take your breath away! Link below for more details!
Top Hiking Locations:
- Big Marsh Park
- Cap Sauers Holding Nature Preserve
- Morton Arboretum
- Forest Preserves of Winnebago County
- Matthiessen State Park
- Pere Marquette State Park
- Grand View Drive & Park
- Lincoln Memorial Garden & Nature Center
- Giant City State Park
- Shawnee National Forest
- The Lewis Loop & The Clark Loop
- Lone Wolf & River Scene Trails
- Outer Loop
- Elephant Rocks State Park
- LaBarque Hills & Sandstone Canyon
- Arabia Mountain View Trail
- Pine Mountain Trail near Cartersville
- Stone Mountain Walk-Up & Cherokee Trails
- Sweetwater Creek Yellow Trail
- Kennesaw Mountain Trail
- Sawnee Mountain Indian Seats Trail
- Pine Log Creek Trail & Quarry
- Iron Hill Loop Trail
- Gold Branch Trail at Bull Sluice Lake
- Hiawatha Bearskin State Trail
- Sentinel Trail at Peninsula State Park
- Green Tree Loop at Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
- Bay View Trail at Big Bay State Park
- Monches Segment at the Ice Age National Scenic Trail
- Sand Cave Trail & Little Sand Cave Loop at Wyalusing State Park
- Old Settles Trail at Wildcat Mountain State Park
- Burkhardt Trail at Willow River State Park
- Timms Hill County Park
- East Bluff Trail at Devil’s Lake State Park
- Red & Yellow Trails at Rib Mountain State Park
- Logging Camp Trail at Pattison State Park
DIY Autumn Crafts
The final step to admitting summer is over, is getting out all your fall décor and embracing everything pumpkin, gourds, and fall foliage! But if you don’t have a ton of fall decorations yet, don’t fret! Here are some easy DIY crafts and projects sure to help you fall in love with Fall.
DIY Paper Pumpkins, Hanging Pumpkin Planters, Wall Hangings, and more!
70 DIY Fall crafts to live your best Autumn life!